Tuesday 7 April 2009

Disseminate your work!

As a photographer and especially as an amateur photographer you need other people to admire your work. Obviously, it's not any different from the other arts. A musician or an actor need a stage and live for the applause (an some money is never bad to calm the nerves either).

So as an amateur photographer a good way of reaching a bit farther than the web is to design a book (which as something tangible it's great). There are different tools and one of them is Blurb. There you will find many options to organise and pair up your photos in an interesting way to make it appealing to the reader/viewer.

If the big guns of Photography Web 2.0 style like Joe Mcnally, David Hobby, Chase Jarvis etc. continously promote each other why not to blow the trumpet for a good friend!! My friend Mark has gone for his second (or third actually) book that you can get here...

The book looks pretty good and it is full of interesting and eye catching stuff to prove us that "The world is full of beautiful things" (and I can tell you that being stood up by a model is not one of them, sorry still a bit sour).


I don't know, maybe one day I will go for my own book as well. It's only that sometimes I don't think I have material interesting enough, need to be more selfconfident ;)

Till next time, today it is sunny again! A great day for football and I will be supporting Man Utd tonight from the Old Trafford!! Go Devils!!

4 comments:

  1. bueno, bueno, probando!

    Someone told me the comments weren't working so I'm just trying the thing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Face it, you just wanted to see a comment in your blog :P.

    The problem with your comments is that you're only allowing bloggers of a few systems to comment. Namely: Blogger (Google accounts in general), LiveJournal, WordPress and TypePad. You're also allowing people with AIM and OpenID accounts to post. But, if someone doesn't have an account in one these, won't be able to comment.

    It is up to you, but my advise is to leave the comments open and probably install a spam-comment filter.

    Saludos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, keeping apart that I love you so much, you only need to be more selfconfident. Your photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paquito you are totally right!!! I wanted a comment so badly ;¬)

    Gracias Amor! siempre ahi para levantarme el ánimo =)

    ReplyDelete