Monday 18 May 2009

Beneath Murky Waters...

She made a run for the alleyways near the canal in a desperate attempt to lose him. She had no clue on his intentions but had no plans of finding out, not with the news she read this morning – “Sixth victim of the Jackal found in a dumpster” – suddenly the idea of walking back home with the obnoxious Johnny from the office didn’t sound too bad.

Amanda was kicking herself for not driving to the club tonight; drinking and driving seemed like an excellent idea at that moment. Wearing those high heels was not helping either – she was proud of her legs and those heels were the perfect final touch, so much for that now! She stopped a moment to listen … nothing … “where’s everyone?”… no sound! … “maybe I lost him!”… two more steps… damn clacking noise! … a shadow!! … silence.

Amanda was nowhere to be seen, only a couple of rain-washed blood drops that went unseen by the inspectors searching the alleyways…

I know, I know terrible story! that's why I'm a photographer and not a writer. However the pictures I want to show today made me think in criminal novels and wanted to give it a shot. Obviously it's more difficult than I thought ;¬)

With TV shows like "Life on Mars" shot in my adoptive city - Manchester - I always considered the canal banks like something mysterious and full of stories. Despite being renovated now I cannot stop thinking it could have been a good place to hide something or err someone...

"“What the hell does that fish mean?” ... "It's a Sicilian message. It means means that Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes"”

Last year I had the chance to take some pictures when the water level dropped in the canal for some reason and this is what I found. No skulls or anything like that though ;¬) only rubbish.

Flying home see more images after the jump >>
___________________

Can this be considered urban art?
Urban Art?

City's Archives?

Canal Rubish?

Let me know what you think!!

4 comments:

  1. I think it's usually called rubbish :)

    Seriously, I think it gives material for a nice story and it's sad to find so much rubbish in the canal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well where else if not in lovely Manchester?? I see tons of rubbish float by specially over the weekend :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a lot the first picture, very nice!! (In a strange sort of way)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, it might be even more interesting/strange if you flip it over. I still can't decide...

    ReplyDelete